Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No wireless in 9.10 with Broadcom BCM4312

Beans

Re: No wireless in 9.10 with Broadcom BCM4312

Combination of above Worked for me ... However, I had a wired connection to download.

1) Connect wired connection using NIC ethernet

2) do update and upgrade:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install update
    3) System>>Administrator >>Hardware Drivers
    select Broadcom STA and BoadCom fwcutter and activate and restart

-Samasat

Beans

Try here...it works with the BCM4306(rev2) card.

It's worth the try, however, I haven't tried it with any other Broadcom cards.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=939658

Beans

It is still not working for me. I cant even see the driver under hardware drivers.
    It worked perfectly on 9.04 but not in 9.10 ive tried a fresh reinstall twice and ending up with same problem.

Beans

don't go for me also (hp 700 el)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,
    (If it`s still not working) After a clean install, I followed this(the first post): http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1288865
    4 me it`s fine now.
    "If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough." Robert Capa

Beans

I got HP nx6325 with Broadcom BCM4312. I installed a Ubuntu 9.10 on one partition. After booting up, OS didnt give me option to chouse restricted wifi drivers, like in 9.04. I tried:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall bcmwl-kernel-source

but after that, Wireless Networks form that small wifi logo next to clock disappeared. After I made again new install with format that 9.10 partition. I looked under Synaptic, what bcmwl packages are installed and I found this: bcmwl-modaliases. Then I removed it:

sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-modaliases

And installed bcmwl-kernel-source again:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall bcmwl-kernel-source

And after restart wifi works.

Angry Re: No wireless in 9.10 with Broadcom BCM4312

Okay,
    I don't know if I'm reading this thread wrong, but I don't understand how this is solved when nothing I try works.

I've tried all of the suggestions, and the only thing that seems to even allow my wifi to detect networks is if I make sure the broadcomm STA driver is uninstalled and that the fwcutter driver is installed (which disappears entirely from time to time if I have had the SAT installed before it or if the bcmwl-kernel-source is installed).

Also, I'm having problems with the bcmwl-kernel-source itself... I had only the fwcutter driver installed through the hardware drives program and the bcmwl-kernel-source uninstalled, but the bcmwl-modaliases installed. This configuration made it possible for me to access the drop down wireless menu and choose my wireless network, though it wasn't asking for a password at all and just dropping it after trying to connect for a minute or so. I went into Network Connections and put the password in there under the security tab, and it would try to connect again, but would fail after a minute and not try to reconnect.

My system is fully up to date with Ubuntu updates, and I can't think of anything else that's wrong. I've tried Wicd, it didn't work either. Even though this is the newest version of Ubuntu, it's the toughest to get the stupid wireless working. It used to be super simple, as long as I could find a wired internet connection.

There used to be awesome step by step instructions on how to get wireless working, but those are for older versions and I think it stopped working for me on the last version (9.04). Again, I'm probably just not reading this thread correctly, but if someone could point me in the right direction with a clear roadmap of what I need to do, I'd be most grateful. The only foolproof "solution" I can find is the "sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo aptitude reinstall bcmwl-kernel-source" solution, which does not work at all in my case.
    "lspc -v" outputs:
    0c:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Dell Device 000c
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
    Memory at f6cfc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: <access denied>
    Kernel modules: ssb, wl

My output is a little bit different from the OP, so I don't know if it's what's causing the problem or not.

Thanks in advance if you're able to help!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Talking Re: No wireless in 9.10 with Broadcom BCM4312

I managed to fix my wifi problem. I am not sure what exactly what helped. However I want to share what I did in hopes it may help someone.

I did this:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...river/bcm43xx/

I finished all the steps from this site:
    http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php
    I downloaded archive and read README file on site.

I allso did this:
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo aptitude reinstall bcmwl-kernel-source

After each step i restarted system but it did not help, my device did not show in ifconfig.

In the end I opened Hardware Drivers and enabled STA wireless driver. System froze but after restart i had my WiFi working

For the record I am using Lenovo G550 with Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic.

Beans

Smile Solved: No wireless in 9.10 with Broadcom BCM4312

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybee View Post
    http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

I was having exactly the same issues. I tried handling it on my own at first using the drivers the 64bit 9.10 located, obviously that failed. Gubbi's ideas did not work for me either. I am running a Dell XPS M1530 with the BCM4312 wireless card. The link above did work for me however. The important thing about using the broadcom link is to ensure you read the wonderful notepad that you can download too. Especially if like me you are still pretty new at Ubuntu/linux.
    Stay Safe!
    Confirmed. This worked for me also, but only AFTER reading and following the README.txt file that is available on the same page from which the driver is downloaded. There are a few things in there I didn't catch the first time I tried this. The second time worked flawlessly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@Erki82

As I own a HP nx6325 I thank you very much for having posted your solution here.

Alain
    Alain J. Baudrez ( My blog )
    Laptop 1 : Ubuntu 10.10/32 bit
    Laptop 2 : Ubuntu 10.04/64 bit
    Nebook : Ubuntu Natty Beta 1 32-bit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast