Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Issues with Win10 in virt-manager

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Re: Issues with Win10 in virt-manager

Okay so I just recreated the same i.e. stripped my windows guest down to remove audio pci passthrough and swapped in AC97, ich6 and ich9 and I get no guest-to-host audio routing. Quick look in the logs and the guest is being run with QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none...so how to change, well I had a look in /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf and found the following...

Code:
    # By default, if no graphical front end is configured, libvirt will disable
    # QEMU audio output since directly talking to alsa/pulseaudio may not work
    # with various security settings. If you know what you're doing, enable
    # the setting below and libvirt will passthrough the QEMU_AUDIO_DRV
    # environment variable when using nographics.
    #
    #nographics_allow_host_audio = 1
    ...so I uncommented the parameter and restarted the libvirt-bin service, as a result the logs for the windows guest no longer show QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none but instead now have a bunch of the following lines repeating over and over...

Code:
    alsa: Could not initialize DAC
    alsa: Failed to open `default':
    alsa: Reason: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
    ALSA lib conf.c:4292:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
    ALSA lib conf.c:4292:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
    ALSA lib conf.c:4292:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib conf.c:4771:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2266:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
    This looks like its going in the right direction but hitting the security issues the qemu.conf file was alluding too. A quick google search and you find links like this...https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=215098. which looks promising however I haven't and won't be testing it as I don't want to move qemu to be using a different user than current.

My suggestion to you is to mark this thread as solved as your original issue is now dealt with. Then have a read through the above and do some testing of your own and if you can't resolve it then come back and start a new thread specifically for qemu audio.

Beans

Re: Issues with Win10 in virt-manager

Ok, thanks for the help.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345