Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenda W541U V2.0 Wireless USB Adapter / Ralink RT2070 How To

Beans

Re: Tenda W541U V2.0 Wireless USB Adapter / Ralink RT2070 How To

Thank you so much! I can confirm that, after following your instructions, my Edimax EW-7711UAn Wireless nLite USB adapter (serial: 00:1f:1f:38:fc:1b) is at least working intermittently under 9.10 too.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forumboy View Post
    Thank you very much. With your instruction, my 0411:015d MelCo., Inc. (Buffalo WLI-UC-GN 802.11n USB-WiFi adapter) is working fine under Ubuntu 9.10 now.
    Did you make any changes to the instructions as posted? I tried to do everything mentioned including the patch but am still unable to use the Buffalo WLI-UC-GN adapter. rt3070 will show up in my lsmod, but when I try to connect I get "no such device"

Beans

I follow the steps and now my wireless connection is working OK, but I have a new problem : the pptp client connection is not working, after checking all other stuff the only thing left is the patched driver (I suppose...)
    I'm running Ubuntu 9.10
    iptables ACCEPT all traffic (in and out)
    I'm trying to establish a pptp connecting from the ubuntu machine TO a windows server over the Intenet but GRE protocol is NOT comming IN (as tcpdump shows), pptp keep sending GRE and finish with "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests" error.
    Before upgrating ubuntu (from 9.04) and patching the driver pptp is working corretly
    Using Windows XP as a client running in the same machine the connection is working correctly

Can anyone figure out if the patch may cause the problem?
    Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by anoncsaddict View Post
    Did you make any changes to the instructions as posted? I tried to do everything mentioned including the patch but am still unable to use the Buffalo WLI-UC-GN adapter. rt3070 will show up in my lsmod, but when I try to connect I get "no such device"
    You need to replace:
    {USB_DEVICE(0x148F,0x2070)}, /* Ralink 2070L */
    With:
    {USB_DEVICE(0x0411,0x015d)}, /* Melco Inc */

This way your device will be detected. If thats not the problem, let us know.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mumuwoyou View Post
    I modprobe rt2800usb ,it can find the wireless Adapter, can find wireless network,but through the connecting I can't explore www. if I rmmod rt2800usb and modprobe rt3070sta,lsmod , I can't find rt3070sta,reboot,also. please help me.thanks !
    Maybe the module did not install correctly, try to insert it like this(after removing and blacklisting the other modules):

Code:
    $cd os/linux
    $sudo insmod ./rt3070sta.ko
    $dmesg
    And check the output for some kind of error.

Note: rt2800usb will recognize the device, still when you try to scan for networks it will not work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hernanp View Post
    I follow the steps and now my wireless connection is working OK, but I have a new problem : the pptp client connection is not working, after checking all other stuff the only thing left is the patched driver (I suppose...)
    I'm running Ubuntu 9.10
    iptables ACCEPT all traffic (in and out)
    I'm trying to establish a pptp connecting from the ubuntu machine TO a windows server over the Intenet but GRE protocol is NOT comming IN (as tcpdump shows), pptp keep sending GRE and finish with "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests" error.
    Before upgrating ubuntu (from 9.04) and patching the driver pptp is working corretly
    Using Windows XP as a client running in the same machine the connection is working correctly

Can anyone figure out if the patch may cause the problem?
    Thanks.
    Forget it, I deleted the passwords in the keyring and problem solved. It seems that network-manager cannot retrieve the password for the user name configured and send it to pppd generating GRE traffic only out. The same tcpdump can be obtained calling pppd from command line using a user name that not exists in chap-secrets....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by lesnoland View Post
    You need to replace:
    {USB_DEVICE(0x148F,0x2070)}, /* Ralink 2070L */
    With:
    {USB_DEVICE(0x0411,0x015d)}, /* Melco Inc */

This way your device will be detected. If thats not the problem, let us know.
    Did that. But still no luck here on 9.10. ifconfig -a shows eth0, lo and vboxnet0. dmesg shows the following
    [ 865.744034] rt3070sta: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    [ 865.755443] rtusb init --->
    [ 865.755511] usbcore: registered new interface driver rt2870
    Any pointers?

Beans

I, too, appear to have problems with WLI-UC-GN: investigating ...

EDIT: it would seem that rt3070sta.ko is not loaded automatically when my WLI-UC-GN is plugged in. If, on the other hand, it is manually insmod'd, things seem to work, at least some of the time. More later ...
    Last edited by ReneVYL; November 10th, 2009 at 08:25 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VMUKKAMALA View Post
    Did that. But still no luck here on 9.10. ifconfig -a shows eth0, lo and vboxnet0. dmesg shows the following

Any pointers?
    Try this:

Code:
    $cd os/linux
    $sudo cp rt3070sta.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/staging/rt3070/
    $sudo rmmod rt3070sta.ko
    $sudo modporbe rt3070sta.ko
    Last edited by lesnoland; November 10th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ReneVYL View Post
    I, too, appear to have problems with WLI-UC-GN: investigating ...

EDIT: it would seem that rt3070sta.ko is not loaded automatically when my WLI-UC-GN is plugged in. If, on the other hand, it is manually insmod'd, things seem to work, at least some of the time. More later ...
    This should fix the problem if your "staging" module is loaded:

Code:
    $cd os/linux
    $sudo cp ./rtk3070sta.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/staging/rt3070/
    $sudo rmmod rt3070sta
    $sudo modprobe rt3070sta
    If no module is loaded when you plug in the device then you could add it to be loaded at startup. But my guess is that the rt3070sta.ko file is not in the right location.
    Last edited by lesnoland; November 10th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast